Kick off your army boots, pour yourself the driest martini known to Korea (don't forget the WWII surplus olive), and join me in the Swamp.

21 September, 2007


"Homer eats Whopper, take 75..."

Yeah, that's what it feels like - it's been ages since I've posted in here - I've had so much going on outside cyberspace that my blog and other various web projects have been neglected. But here I am back again, and like a New Year's Resolution, 9 months and 19 days too late, I promise that I will write in here more often. Just in case there's actually someone out there reading it :)

As I mentioned, it's been a bit chaotic in times of late. We had Nana's big 80th birthday party (but sshhhhh don't tell her that - it was a "family reunion" which just happened to be around the same time...) in July. It was a good night, and lots of people made the effort to come along, however there were a few bats coming out of the belfry for the occasion aswell, if you know what I mean... But I didn't say that, did I? LOL. Highlight of the night was DEFINITELY the sight of Nana and Mareeya (age 3) waltzing along to Dean Martin singing 'That's Amore' in the lounge room. I have never seen Nana dance, and it's been a long time since I've seen that look on her face, but it helped me realise that, regardless of family politics and facetiousness, this was what it is all about.

Since then it's all been a bit of a blur. Nana was in hospital for a week or so, which got everyone talking, and making suggestions about the future which none of them are really in a position to make. It's amazing to watch how people who, after being invisible for so long, all of a sudden come out of the woodwork and know what's best. On the other hand, it restored my faith in other people, so I guess it's just one of those things...

The latest drama was bushfires. It was obvious that they were deliberately lit, as there was no lightning around at the time. The substantial loss of feed for the cattle was our biggest problem, and probably will stay that way until the wet season comes along and regenerates the grasses. The fire came within metres of the homestead, and burnt out the majority of Bloodwood paddock, and the back of No8 and No10.

Well, that's about all for now, if you haven't fallen asleep already. I'll endeavour to keep this a bit more up-to-date in future. Region Training next weekend, so it's going to be busy busy busy this next week in the lead up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home