Kick off your army boots, pour yourself the driest martini known to Korea (don't forget the WWII surplus olive), and join me in the Swamp.

03 December, 2006

Daylight Savings started this morning in Western Australia for the first time in god knows how many years. I've been sitting here this morning, wondering how many of my electronic devices will automatically update the time, as they are supposedly meant to. So far it's a dismal showing with a score of 0. The laptop (connected to the net), mobile phone and satellite tv are all still showing 7.44am, whereas I think they're meant to show 8.44am. But then again, I still get confused as to whether we're meant to turn the clock forwards or backwards!!!

Not that anyone actually wanted Daylight Savings, save for a few cocky politicians in Perth, who decided that they didn't really give a rats as to what anyone else wanted, they'd just push it through state parliament regardless. I don't know if they remembered the 3 (yes, 3) referendums over the last few years which have all shown that the WA public don't want daylight savings... So now we have a 3 year trial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home