Kick off your army boots, pour yourself the driest martini known to Korea (don't forget the WWII surplus olive), and join me in the Swamp.

12 September, 2006

Proved that my inept culinary skills are as inept as ever last night...

It was supposed to be simple. Easy, even. Tuna mornay. Who can stuff up a tuna mornay?

It was all going so well. Lisa and I delegated with each other - she did the white sauce (the first thing that comes into my mind when I see the word 'roux' is a Parisian marsupial...), and I had the honourable task of "chucking everything else together". Unfortunately, we forgot to collaborate on the exact amount that we were making...

The result? Well, we had enough white sauce for the two of us, however I may have been a little enthusiastic with the "rest". All in all, a lovely meal with the consistency of the Dunlop tyres on my car.

Needless to say, tonight's meal was courtesy of the golden arches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home